36 Low Maintenance Front Yard Landscaping Ideas | Home & Garden
Low Maintenance Front Yard Landscaping ideas should be aimed at producing an overall pleasing view. In case of yards in climates where it is dry all round the year, the front yard landscaping can be made more interesting with shade trees.
The shade trees for garden can make the yard appear as if it is a summer park. This trick works well in all seasons and it does not require much maintenance except for the trimming when the leaves are changing color. You can even consider using hanging baskets with the shades so as to bring a little more color.
• Front Yard Landscaping With Stone Fountains & Shade Trees
Low Maintenance Front Yard Landscaping ideas with Stone Fountains As with the shade trees, stone fountains can give a captivating look to your front yard landscaping ideas.
A stone fountain gives a soothing effect to your yard that is devoid of any negative feeling. Most stone fountains have a basin below them where water flows through.
Since these fountains do not require watering, you do not have to worry about providing them with water during the dry season.
read also: Front Yard Landscaping Ideas With Rocks
• Front Yard Landscaping With Shrubs
Low Maintenance Front Yard Landscaping ideas with Shrubs This low maintenance front yard landscaping idea focuses on using low growing shrubs that require minimal maintenance.
These shrubs can be used in any season, whether it is hot or cold, and they do not require much pruning. Another advantage of using shrubs is that they provide an accent to the stones placed in the landscaping.
The flowers that you will plant in your landscape design should complement the shrubs.
• Low Maintenance Yard with Plants & Trees
Low Maintenance Front Yard Landscaping ideas with Plants If you want to have a low maintenance front yard landscaping, you can plant low maintenance grasses.
This low maintenance grass can be mowed and watered without having to worry about the grass getting dried out. Since low maintenance grasses are not susceptible to the frost, they do not need to be mowed too often.
If you are not fond of grass, there are also other low maintenance grasses that you can use such as: Bermuda, rye, bluegrass, and Epsom salt grass.
- Landscaping Front Yard For A Beautiful Garden Designs
- Front Yard No Grass With Landscape Decor Around Trees
- Front Yard Corner Lot Landscaping – Home & Garden Ideas
• Front Yard Landscaping Ideas With Rocks
Stones and Sand You can have the beauty of a stone walkway with the elegance of sand. If you have the funds, you can opt for larger stones that can stand on their own.
However, if you do not have the budget, simply add the smaller sand pebbles to the landscape. Sand is the perfect addition to areas that experience different seasons. It keeps the grass healthy and does not need mowing.
- 47 Best Front Yard Vegetable Garden Ideas, Setup Planting & Harvesting
- How to Decorate a Tree Stump in the Front Yard Instead of Cutting It Down
- Top 70 Best Front Yard Ideas No Grass | House & Garden Simplicity
• Save Money With DIY
DIY or Do it yourself If you prefer to save money and create your own front yard landscape, you will have to do a lot of work yourself.
This includes creating walkways, planting flowers, building retaining walls and edging, and adding a gate or a door to the front door.
These things require a significant amount of time and effort to accomplish. Although it is not as time consuming as what the professional landscapers would provide, it does take a lot more time and effort.
- 53 Dream Backyard Inspiration | Home & Garden Ideas
- Four Great Ideas for Smaller Yards – Home & Garden
- 95 Best Backyard Remodel Ideas – Wood & Concrete Accent
• Planting Succulents in the Front Yard
Another popular DIY landscape design option is planting succulents in the front yard. Most homeowners are comfortable with the idea of using these plants because of their low maintenance levels.
A good landscape designer should be able to incorporate the idea of incorporating these plants into your front yard design without having the soil become too heavy.
However, it would be wise to research about the specific requirements of the particular species you want to use.
- Wood Yard Art – Making The Creative DIY Wood Yard Art By Design
- 59 Best Backyard Putting Green And Modern Yard Ideas
- Stunning Arizona Backyard Ideas to Add Enjoyment in Your Outside Space
• Combination of Shrubs and Plants – Small Front Yard Landscaping Ideas
Low Maintenance Front Yard Landscaping With Shrubs and Plants There are several types of shrubs and plants that can enhance the look of your front yard. For example, you can plant small trees along the pathway leading to the entryway to add style to your entrance.
One popular choice for these types of plants is the California Redwood. The unique twisted trunk of this tree is perfect for creating an entrance and also for spicing up the environment.
While there are several other types of shrubs and plants that can be used for landscaping the entryway, such as Chinese Juniper, Ficus, Hollyhock, and Ivy, the beauty of these trees and shrubs cannot be overstated.
- Wooden Rectangular Planters – Beautiful Vegetables & Flowers Pot Planter
- 95 Best Small Apartment Patio Ideas You’ll Love in 2021
- 33 Best Minimalist House Inspiration, Low Budget Packages & Ornaments
• More Inspiration: Low Maintenance Front Yard Landscaping Ideas