How to Delete PlayStation Account – PlayStation was first launched in 1994,
which means it has a long history compared to other competing console brands.
It only makes sense that there are millions of PlayStation user accounts out there.
At some points, some of them may want to delete their account for whichever reason behind it.
While creating a PS Network account is so simple,
the act of closing it permanently may not be as easy.
Use the tutorial on how to delete PlayStation account in the following to guide you.
Table of Contents
How to Delete PlayStation Account with Permanent Removal
It is quite simple to remove PlayStation account, especially if you still have access to the console.
how to delete PSN Account
Read and follow the four steps instructions below to do so.
- Open the home screen of your PlayStation
- Choose the menu of ‘Settings’
- Click on the drop-down menu and then choose ‘Login Settings’
- Open the menu of ‘User Management’ which is used when you want to create or remove an account
- To delete your account, simply choose ‘Delete Users’
- The screen will provide the available list of user accounts. Choose the account that you want to delete
- Click ‘Yes’ to confirm and proceed
The guide above will be enough if you want to just close or remove an account.
However, if you want the account to be permanently banished,
then you will need to reach the PlayStation support team on their official website and make a request upon it.
Please note that this act will require you to provide information such as your e-mail address,
your user ID, your online ID, and the information of security.
To permanently delete a PlayStation account is to lose all the contents,
including the purchased ones, which are tied to the said account.
If you want to delete it “permanently“, just follow the steps below.
- Visit the official website of PlayStation support team at playstation.com/support.
- Input ‘Close account’ in the search bar where you are supposed to enter your inquiries or problem.
- Choose the device that you want to permanently remove the account on.
- Read the provided information on the page thoroughly. It will explain to you in detail of what happens to your account after it’s being deleted permanently. You will also be explained of what information you need to provide in order to proceed with the account removal.
- Scroll down the page to find a contacting method to support team. You may choose either live chat or phone call
When you have successfully managed to close your PlayStation account by using the guide of how to delete PlayStation account permanently above,
then you will not be able to use your prior online ID to create a new account.
- How to Cancel PlayStation Vue Service in Easy Steps
- How to Cancel PlayStation Plus in Simple Ways
- How to Turn Off PS4 Controller in Easy Steps Using Manual and Automatic Methods
The access to any purchased content from the removed account will be deleted as well,
and it’s not possible to transfer them to another PS Network account.
You may request for a refund, but it’s only given if it corresponds with the cancellation policy of PlayStation Store.
The access to your PS Network wallet will be taken as well as the remaining funds within.